Cheat Sheet: When & How to Post for Social Media
No two social media platforms are the same. Each outlet is geared to target a specific demographic and audience. But to get the absolute strongest reach, there are certain types of content, days, and times that should be utilized, each different for every platform. We know, we know – balancing that seems crazy. That’s why our social media management team at Presentation Multimedia has come up with a handy dandy cheat sheet for each social media platform you utilize. Take a look at this video with all the tips and tricks, or keep scrolling to get more of the juicy details:
Days and Times
- Post 2-5 times per day
- Early afternoon, around 1:00-4:00 pm or in the evening, from 7:00-10:00 pm
- If you’ve got a really good post, save it for Thursday or Friday – that’s when the engagement rates are the highest
- Post no more than twice per day (we don’t want to bombard people with photos)
- Evenings from 7:00-9:00 pm are the best times
- Weekends can be hit or miss. If you’re posting B2C content, you should be good, but businesses generally keep their account activity on the weekdays
- You can be a little more generous with Twitter, tweeting 5-7 times per day
- Early to mid-afternoons are the best times for Twitter – any times between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- For B2B, keep your tweets pretty restricted to weekdays, but for B2C tweets, utilize the weekends and Wednesdays
- Depending on the amount of good content you curate, you can be very generous on Pinterest with up to 30 posts per day
- Afternoons and evenings, from around 6:00-10:00 pm are the best times for Pinterest traffic
- The best day to utilize is Saturday, but if you’re going to pin during the week, keep it to night times
Best Practices for Content
When getting ready to post to any of the above social media, or others for that matter, make sure you’re keeping these tips in mind:
- Do your best to not appear sales-y. That will just deter users from viewing or clicking your content.
- People need to know your business is legit in order to trust you. So, try to post content that demonstrate that, like product shots, before-and-afters, staff photos, reviews you’ve received, etc.
- Be a resource. How-to guides, surveys, informative blogs, and the like, secure your business as the authority within your industry.
- Use your posts to engage with customers. Offer promotions and contests, and post questions that lend themselves to comments, likes, and replies to boost your engagement.
- Videos! Videos dominate 77% of web traffic, so use videos to show off your work, offer tips and tricks, and promote contests.
Need Help With Social Media Management?
We know that, now that we’ve provided you with all this crucial information for maintaining an active, branded social media presence for your business, it can seem a little daunting. Our recommendation is to start slow, and don’t be afraid to experiment. Collect data, and build upon it. If you need help with social media management for your business, our team at Presentation Multimedia is here to help. Our YouTube Channel is full of great tips for marketing your business. For even more tips and tricks for social media marketing, or to schedule a consultation with our team, talk to us today.